One line, 3' 6" gauge, bottom grip. Service from September 1873 (testing had started that August 2) to September 1888, when it was sold to the Ferries & Cliff House Railway.
2 lines,5' gauge, side grip. Service from January 1877, until the United Railroads of San Francisco took over the company in March 1902.
5 lines, 3' 6" gauge bottom grip. Service from August 1889, until the Market Street Railway took it over in October 1893.
San Francisco Cable Car Lines at the Fullest Extent of Operation (1890s).

8 Original
Cable Car